During the early 1900s, Mineral Wells, TX, was widely known as the premier spa resort town in the south. Today, the unique area exudes charm and is filled with lots of exciting things to see and do. Whether you’re interested in unforgettable outdoor adventures, reconnecting with your loved one, or rejuvenating your mind, body, and soul, Mineral Wells is the place for you. We’ll tell you all about the best Mineral Wells getaways!
If you want to stay in the heart of Mineral Wells, look no further than Magpie Inn. Our adults-only inn features five guest rooms that can sleep two guests, with the addition of one option fit for four guests. Plus, Magpie Inn is within walking distance of downtown Mineral Wells, so you’ll always be near the fun and excitement our area offers!
The 3 Best Mineral Wells Getaways
The fun never stops here in Mineral Wells! Start planning your dream getaway to our one-of-a-kind town.
A Romantic Escape
When was the last time you went on a vacation with just you and your significant other? It’s time to treat yourself! With small-town charm, many top-notch restaurants, scenic parks, and an elegant inn—Mineral Wells is the perfect place for a romantic escape with your sweetheart.
- Hatchet House – Have you ever tried ax throwing? It’s all the rage! Head to Hatchet House and throw in one of their nine lanes. You can enjoy food trucks, corn hole, live music, and craft beer during your visit.
- Possum Kingdom Air Tours – Enjoy thrilling sightseeing from the sky! Possum Kingdom offers romantic sunset flights where you and your sweetie can get cozy in the front cockpit.
- Shopping – Shop until you drop at the locally owned boutiques in downtown Mineral Wells. You’ll definitely want to pick up some famous Crazy Water to take home with you!
- Coffee & Cocktails at 76067 – This is the perfect upscale date night spot! Enjoy coffee and cocktails paired with light food and desserts. Live music is available on the weekends!
An Adventure For Nature Lovers
People travel near and far to experience the great outdoors in Mineral Wells! Pack your hiking boots and adventurous spirit and prepare for an unforgettable trip.
- Rock Climb Penitentiary Hollow – Penitentiary Hollow is one of the few natural rock-climbing venues in North Texas. It’s made up of sandstone formations, which are perfect for climbing! Rock About Climbing Adventures is the approved guide to lead climbers at Lake Mineral Wells State Park.
- Mountain Biking – One of our favorite places to bike in the area is Lake Mineral Wells State Trailway. Leave right from the inn and hit the trail!
- Mineral Wells Fossil Park – Channel your inner paleontologist and collect fossils that are over 300 million years old in Mineral Wells Fossil Park.
- Canoeing – Float down the beautiful Brazos River in a kayak or canoe with Rochelle’s Canoe Rentals.
A Refreshing Spa Experience
For years, the water from Mineral Wells has been known for its water. Known as Crazy Water, people travel from all over to embrace its healing properties. Visit the spas and bath houses in our area, and you’ll feel refreshed in no time!
- Crazy Water Company – Visit the famous Crazy Water Company to try all four levels of Crazy Water—maybe even a Crazy Soda or Infusion.
- Crazy Bath House – Treat yourself to a full spa experience at Crazy Bath House. They offer serene massages and mineral baths.
- Massage Package – Here at Magpie Inn, we’re happy to offer vacation packages so you can make the most out of your stay with us. Our Spa Day Package takes place at Crazy Bath House Spa, two blocks from Magpie Inn, and includes a microbubble mineral water bath, hot mineral water towel wrap, 45-minute Swedish massages for two, and a refreshments package in your room when you return.
Book the Best Accommodations
When searching for the best accommodations in Mineral Wells, look no further than Magpie Inn. Each of our accommodations features a king-sized bed with hand-selected linens, so you can always be sure you’ll get a fantastic night’s sleep. You’ll have access to our town’s famous Crazy Mineral Water with a mini-fridge in your room or the fountain in the hallway. Other top-notch amenities include an in-room fireplace, bathtub, room service, and our delicious brunch charcuterie boards.