Discover the Best Things to Do in Mineral Wells, TX
Visit us at Magpie Inn and stay in the heart of downtown Mineral Wells. This area exudes small-town charm while being on the cusp of an exciting rebirth. Mineral Wells is filled with thrilling adventures, fascinating history, beautiful architecture, and unbeatable scenery. From one-of-a-kind boutiques to delectable dining to fun-filled attractions, there are so many top-notch things to do in Mineral Wells, Texas!
Dining in Mineral Wells
When you visit Mineral Wells, you’ll find a wide array of delicious eateries to fuel you up for all your adventures. Whether you’re craving a handcrafted beverage, authentic Texas chicken fried steak, mouthwatering Southwestern cuisine, or something in between, this town has got you covered.
- Brazos Market & Bistro
- Hole in the Wall Grill & Bier Garten
- Pastafina of Mineral Wells
- Coffee & Cocktails at 76067
- Bankhead Texas Wine Bar
- Smokin’ Barrel Bar & Grill
- Natty Flat Smokehouse
- Dairy Mart
- Taqueria La Estrella
- Old School Pizza Co.
- Jimmys Café
- Jamie’s German Restaurant
- Rickhouse Brewing
For the best breakfast options in Mineral Wells, take advantage of our famous Brunch Charcuterie Boards here at Magpie Inn!
Shopping In Mineral Wells
Are you searching for a unique souvenir to remember your stay? Our inn is within walking distance of all the best shops on North Oak Avenue. With furniture stores, antique shops, and eclectic boutiques, our downtown shops have something for everyone.
- The Market at 76067
- Merrimac & North
- The Kraze
- Garrett’s Antiques
- Brazos Market & Bistro
- The Marketplace
- Emerald Lane Boutique
Attractions In Mineral Wells
Mineral Wells was once known as the city “where America drinks its way to health.” Discover all the fascinating wellness practices Mineral Wells is known for, such as the famous Crazy Water that contains “healing powers,” or visit the Crazy Bath House to submerge yourself in a bath with mineral-rich water. You can also explore other museums, parks, and businesses that showcase the city’s unmatched history.
- National Vietnam War Museum
- Famous Mineral Water Company
- Crazy Bath House
- Bryton and Co. DIY Studio
- The Baker Hotel and Spa (currently undergoing an expansive renovation)
- Clark Gardens Botanical Park
Outdoor Recreation in Mineral Wells
Don’t forget to pack your adventurous spirit for your trip to Mineral Wells! Nature runs deep throughout Palo Pinto County, and there are outdoor activities for people of any age. Whether you prefer to hike through Texas state parks, ride along serene bike trails, dig up a fascinating fossil, or stay “Inn” for some amazing bird watching, excitement is always at your fingertips when you stay with us at Magpie Inn.
- Lake Mineral Wells State Park & Trailway
- Bike Rentals- Flying Tire
- Possum Kingdom State Park & Lake
- Holiday Hills Golf Course
- The Cliffs Resort Golf Course
- Rochelle’s Canoe and Kayak Rental
- Hillbilly Haven Tubing on the Brazos River
- Mineral Wells Fossil Park
- Penitentiary Hollow Rock Climbing
Entertainment and Events in Mineral Wells
The fun never stops in this town! There are always plenty of interesting things to do in Mineral Wells. Throughout the year, you’ll find that our area is home to a wide array of exciting events that you won’t want to miss.
- Live music at bars and restaurants throughout town
- Saint Patty’s Day Pub Crawl (March)
- Mardi Gras Parade & Shrimp Fest (March)
- Annual Mineral Wells Crazy Kicker 100 Bike Ride (April)
- Annual CSWM Swing Fest (May)
- Red Bull Cliff Diving Competition (June)
- 4th of July fireworks displays (July)
- Crazy Water Festival (October)
- Crazy Fossil Dig (October)
- Merry Wells Christmas Festival & Lighted Parade (December)